mercoledì 29 agosto 2012

Peter Thomas Senese :To Help Another

Recently, I have received a number of incredibly appreciative phone calls and letters from parents and family members that the I CARE Foundation and I have helped concering child abduction prevention or assisting in the recovery of an internationally kidnapped child. They remind me and everyone else associated with the I CARE Foundation just how important it is to help one another and act in good citizenship, particularly when it comes to trying to protect children from being abducted abroad.

These letters (Letters To Peter Thomas Senese) written from the hearts of many parents speak loudly about the privelage we all have when we can make a giant difference for others.

Helping others is nothing new to me. I have been very blessed in my life, and view the opportunit to do so as a privelage and responsibility.     


In reflecting about this privelage, I have decided to take a look at the definition of the word 'Help'.

Accordingly, to  'Help' (verb)is:

1. to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need;  to contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist:

2. to save; rescue; succor:

3. to make easier or less difficult; contribute to; facilitate:
In the coming months, the I CARE Foundation, a not-for-profit organization I am a director of, will be moving forward on an assortment of legislative initiatives that will help protect children and their targeted parents from abduction. 

I know first-hand that our efforts are both a responsibility and privelage.   It is our intent to:

1. Modify the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative so all individuals traveling abroad must present a valid passport regardless age and type of travel.

2. Create a secure screening list for individuals determined by courts or law enforcement as high-risk child abductors who posses a right to U.S. citizenship similar to the existing Prevent Departure Program that only applies to individuals who do not posses a right of American citizenship.

So if your really interested in assisting, on behalf of the I CARE Foundation, we would welcome your assistance. All you need to do is send an email to mediarelations@stopchildabduction.org